- was created in 1996 as a membership program to help students transition to young professionals within the larger IEEE community. IEEE young professionals are automatically added to the GOLD member community as they graduate.
- GOLD was created as a membership program for the benefit of young professionals, engineers, scientists and technical experts in order promote engagement with IEEE societies.
IEEE GOLD member benefits and opportunities:
- Young professionals have a wide variety of member benefits and opportunities available to them through IEEE membership. These highlighted benefits are geared towards the needs and interests of young professionals and revolve around professional growth, community, and technical development.
Women in Engineering
- IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is dedicated to facilitate the status and career advancement of women in engineering/science, and to promote the entry into and the retention women in the engineering program.
- Women in Engineering Committee at IEEE Iran Section aims to Inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women worldwide, specially Region 8.
- Miss. Shima Shahnooshi , MSc student of the electric and computer department of Isfahan University technology is now responsible for this committee in the student branch of Isfahan University of Technology.